Friday, April 3, 2009

My morning Yesterday!

Posted in by Laughing Soul | Edit
Hello Everyone!
I am sorry that I did not post last night. I went to record my Podcast and when I got home it was pretty late and I needed to take care of a few things. I hope you all didn’t mind. But oh boy to I have a story for you.

Yesterday at work, I was looking for some files around the office and when I came back to my desk I had a voicemail from my cell phone. I didn’t recognize the number but when I listened to it, it ended up being an old friend of mine.

“Hey, my mom sent me a text this morning and said there was a fire on your parents street. It was all over the news and I just wanted to make sure everything was alright. Give me a call I hope everything is ok.”

Hmm. That’s weird, well I would have been told if there was a fire I would have been called right away so I’m sure everything’s fine. I thought to myself.
But just to be sure I hopped online and I started to do some research on where the fire was, and what was going on. Here is the heading of the article I found.

“2 Killed in Herndon House Fire”

WOW. That is definitely more serious. As I kept reading it didn’t give any more specifics.
Hmm. Well if they were dead then I would have been called or found and told by now. Again with my inner monologue.
I read on and no more details were revealed. They just said the 12000 block of the street, which is still 30 houses, half of whom I know, the victims were around the age of 50-60 years old.
Ok Well the wouldn’t get in touch with me if they didn’t know who they were.
So at this point I am really starting to worry. So of course I start making phone calls. The First place I call is the house, kind of silly I know but it was my first instinct, and no one was going to be home in the first place. But when I called, the phone didn’t even go to a voicemail. It just rang and rang and rang. Which scared me of course cause now Im thinking, Holy crap the fire burned up the phone!
So I call my moms cell… Nothing.
My dads cell…Nothing
My next idea is to email my dad,

Subject: Hey!
Body

Hey email me back right away


I tried to calm down and just not worry. I waited an hour before I got up and told my boss what was going on and that I needed to make a few phone calls. She said that it was fine and to go do what I needed to do. I finally got the number to my moms school and called the front desk right away.

“Did Mom Guy come into classes this morning?”
“ Yes, I do think shes here.”
“Did you see her, is she absolutely there?”
“Yes she’s here. I saw her are you her son?”
“Yes! Can I speak with her please?”
“Yes of course let me get her”

Holy crap, I never thought I would be so happy to hear her voice. She knew exactly why I was calling, and she heard how frantic I was. My mom and dad are fine, the fire was way down the street in a pipe stem. The house was next to one of my best friends house when I was a kid before he moved away. They had a daughter and son but the son was too old for me to know ( and in a different state) and the daughter was way too young. So I personally didn’t know these people. But bless their hearts for the ordeal that they must be going through.

You know it was a really frightening thing thinking my parents were gone. I didn’t know what to do with myself. When I got out of work yesterday I went to my parents house and saw them. I was so relived that I got to go home and hug them and see them, and talk to them. It just goes to show that anything could happen at any moment and it’s a terrifying thing and that you should be with those people you love while you can.
I hope you all have a wonderful day, and incredible weekend. Do any of you have anything special planned?

The Lady has a race to run on Sunday, so her mom is coming up to visit. I will get to see her Saturday night and Sunday for the race. So this should be a really fun, exciting weekend.
Slainte!

1 commentsMy morning Yesterday!


  1. Sweet Bea says:

    Ugh, that is so scary!!! Thank god your folks are ok!!

    April 4, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Leave a Comment