Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Trying it again..

Posted in by Laughing Soul | Edit
Hello everyone.
I hope you have all had a wonderful day. Work was a little hectic today so I didnt get a chance to write up my zen for the day. I apologize.

Today I decided that I wanted to try and start running. With the Lady's success at her 10 mile race and how she kept up with it and how she keeps mentioning how much better she feels. I decided I was going to give it the ole college try.
A while ago I gave it a try with a running program called couch to 5k. It was a program that she was using for her first 5k. She did wonderful while I hurt my back half way through the second week I hurt my back and I could not do it anymore. Today I decided I was going to give it another shot, but this go around I plan to take my time and if I need to run at a different rate then I would do so and not move up in the program unless I was ready. Which I think is the best idea.

Now, I will never ever give up riding my bike. It is the best thrill in the world. But to tell you the truth, riding is hard to do when its cold and rainy outside. I dont have a problem if its raining and going for a bike ride. In fact being muddy is part of the best things about going out for a bike ride. but when your trecking down a hill at 15-20 miles an hour it starts to get cold. My idea for running is more of a fact that, I can come home, change and just go outside of my house and run around the neighborhood for 30 minutes. I'm trying to get to a point where I can run and just be more active and therefore in better shape. I will always be more of a rider than a runner. But running is really just another excuse to get out of the house and outside and to get into better shape. Eventually I will try to do a 5k. Just kind of a personal goal. Another personal goal is to try and find a race for MTB, but all of the ones I have tried to find are 100 miles and 50 of it is uphill. I dont get a chance to go out and ride that much. BUT... You never know.

Ill keep all of you up to date with my goings and how my running is going.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their evening and has a wonderful day tomorrow.

Slainte

1 commentsTrying it again..


  1. wearingmascara says:

    I think that's great babe :-) Can't wait to try running with you soon! (this weekend?) xoxo

    April 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Leave a Comment