Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow day!! But not for me :(

Posted in by Laughing Soul | Edit
Good morning everyone!
How is everyone doing? I hope everyone is having a great start to the week
and for the people in the D.C. Metro Area, I hope that most of you are
getting to enjoy this snow day! Downside of working in a Law Firm is you
have to go by the county Government and ours never closes. I actually
remember back in the day when my dad had to go to work with 3 feet of snow
on the ground. Not even a two-hour delay. Now I am getting to know how that
feels. What's worse is that I am the only person in my department, and it is
the busiest out of all of the departments in the office. How am I writing
this if I'm so busy, you ask? I'm typing a sentence whenever I get the
chance, because no one is here to tell me that I can't! (HA I win) Being
an adult sucks. Why can't we all get snow days and go outside and build snow
forts and have neighborhood wide Snowball fights?!? How great would that be?
I can remember one time back in '96 when it was this massive blizzard here.
We were out of school for a week! A whole week! It was incredible. All of my
friends, whom I still see on a regular basis, gathered together in my
neighborhood and we walked around knocking on the neighborhood kids setting
up a Neighborhood war! We drew out maps of all the houses and paths and
wooded areas, got out walky talkies and played a huge game of Capture the
flag! Anyone who caught the flag got to capture the enemy base and use it
for himself or herself. It was Kiddie Risk is really what it was. But oh man
it was epic! For three days we got together and had strategies set up and,
we had urban warfare, jungle warfare and even no mans lands. Where you would
just get pelted with snowballs if you walked through! Ugh! Those were the
days! I wish we could all just have one great snow day! I tell you what, If
I didn't have to work today I would have stayed at home with a cup of hot
chocolate and read my new book. Then later I would have challenged my
roommates to a snowball fight! Either that or my roommate Shooter and I
would tool around on his ATV around the neighborhood. Oh well! Doesn't look
like it's going to happen today or anytime soon, seeing how the first day of
spring is technically the 20th of this month. This is prolly going to be the
last big snow of the season. But you never know.
Oh also, the boss walked around with her tally sheet to see who was here,
and when she came by my cube she saw me sitting there clapped her hands and
got really excited.
Boss: "You get extra points for coming in here today!"
Me: "I'd hope so."
Boss: " Yeah you definitely do! OOO and right around Salary review time,
Nice move!"

So I guess it is a good thing that I am here. She also said to make up for
everyone who showed up, It would be a pizza lunch today. I guess its not so
bad after all.
I hope everyone has a great day and if you have the day off, please enjoy
the snow a little for me!

Slainte

1 commentsSnow day!! But not for me :(


  1. Wearing Mascara says:

    Aww I hope you have a good day and I do think it's good you went in. That says a lot about you ;-) I love you!

    Oh and I have a snow day but don't be fooled - I'm doing work all day. xoxo

    March 2, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Leave a Comment