Monday, January 26, 2009

I miss my bike.

Posted in by Laughing Soul | Edit
I really miss riding my Mountain Bike. I got into mountain biking back when I was in high school. Everyday after school I would come home and ride around in the paths back behind my house and running through the woods getting dirty, and I would be out there for hours on end.
Once Went to college I lost the interest and the time to go riding.

I got seriously back into it last summer. I picked up a beautiful bike, a 2008 Trek 4300.


That's my baby right there, aptly named Honey

I really got into riding. I would go 2 to 3 times a week around there area. My favorite trail is called Difficult Run. It was the perfect name chosen for the trail, up down, jumps, technical parts. Its very challenging and after riding the trail dozens of times, I am still not all that great at it.

It really really sucks not being able to just get out of work and go for a ride, I am aching for it to get to the point where there is more daylight after 5 pm, and just a little bit cooler, so I can get back out there and get dirty.
I got some new pedals and Shoes with clips for Christmas. Ive been riding a little bit just to give them a shot but I cannot wait till I can actually get out on the trail and see how much my performance changes.

Also I am looking for a possible race i can get into to give me an actual tangible goal to accomplish over the summer. Anyone know of any?
What kind of outdoor activity do you like to do?


1 commentsI miss my bike.


  1. Anonymous

    Aw I also miss cycling--not so much on terrain as I'm more of a practical rider (i.e. I used it for transportation) but I would at some point like to get into actual "mountain biking"...

    you're right though, it seems the biggest difficulty is finding the time!

    January 26, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Leave a Comment