Thursday, February 26, 2009

Do you Feel Lucky, Punk?

Posted in by Laughing Soul | Edit
Hello everyone!

I hope everyone has had a swell day!
Tonight was definitely a night, what can I say? Tonight was the night I went to the Shooting Range with my roommates!



My roommates Petron and Shooter bought guns not to long ago. They both Bought Rifles pretty much at the same time, and since then they have both bought 9mm handguns. After that for the longest time they have been going to the range at least twice a week. Each time they go the always invite me but I usually have something that I have to do or have already made plans for the night.
So I got the the guilt trip from Petron where he says these words to me.
"Hey were going to the Shooting Range tonight wanna come? Oh you already have plans? Well then I guess well have to go some other time then"
So I pretty much have to go now. I told them that I didn't have any plans Thursday night and I would go with them then, and tonight was the night.
We went to the Silver Eagle out where we live and walking into the joint it was a really nice place. You just see a large facility with different rooms which are doors to all of the separate ranges.
We walk in, take our lanes and get all the guns set up and ready to go. Shooter takes the first clip from his 9mm just so I could get used to the noise. Then it was my turn. Now I have shot guns before, Ive shot a 12 gauge shotgun and 22 rifle before but never a handgun. I did pretty well! Take a look.


Not bad for a rookie at all. That was just the shots with the 9mm after I shot a few clips and got a little bit of practice. After That I took up the Rifle and shot a few clips of that. I got to shoot the last two Rifle. We ran out of these targets and we had to use paper plates eventually. Here is how I did with the Last two bullets in the clip.


Not too bad from what I was told since the sights are still being zoned in. But yeah. I had a great time though. I will definitely go again. Does this make me want to go out and buy a gun? No it does not. I have a healthy fear of guns and will continue to do so and I do not feel like owning one. I did not feel a sense of power or a great release when I was shooting. It was just a fun thing to do every once and a while and I will definitely go back.

Goodnight and have a great Friday!


P.S. Speaking of Friday, guess what tomorrow is? Its the day I get to go get my book signed by Christopher Moore!! I will definitely be posting about that tomorrow.
NIGHT

1 commentsDo you Feel Lucky, Punk?


  1. Anonymous

    I love the random neck shot on the target.
    Have fun getting your book signed. See you when I come back from recording.

    February 27, 2009 at 6:05 AM

Leave a Comment