Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gazelle Boy

Posted in by Laughing Soul | Edit
Hello all
I hope everyone has had a wonderful day.
I was going through one of my favorite magazines earlier today called Mental Floss. This is a really awesome magazine with nothing but random facts and stories, and articles about interesting things, ( at least I find it interesting) and I came across this article about the Gazelle Boy.

Here is slice of an article I found from FeralChildren.com.

"50 kph sprinter

This is how the story runs. A boy aged around 10 was found in the midst of a herd of gazelles in the Syrian desert, and was only caught with the help of an Iraqi army jeep, because he could run at speeds of up to 50 kph. Although terribly thin, he was said to have been extremely fit and strong, with muscles of steel. He was captured and bound hand and foot."

How crazy is that? What do you think about it? It would be amazing if that happened! But here is the thing, that article I just put up there is slightly different from the one in my magazine. Basically being the same story but it has a bit more to go off of with a name of an anthropologist, Jean-Claude Auger. Where he got a tip from some nomads and when they went to try and capture him with the Spanish army but he outran their jeep. He made another attempt with a helicopter but even with that and a net they never caught him.

What to you think about it? Do you think its possible? Could this be a real story?

I think it would be awesome! But that's just me.

Sláinte

0 Comments


Leave a Comment